Devon Wedding Venue
Are you an outdoorsy couple planning a one, two or three night weekend wedding?
Higher Holcombe – your unique outdoor Devon wedding venue – nestled in woodland and wildflower-splattered meadows.
Gorgeous ceremony, reception and party spaces. All the facilities and accommodation are included in your exclusive-use venue hire.
Our elegantly restored rustic barn – The Old Dairy – is the heart of the wedding venue.
With views of the meadows and woodland fringes, your guests will enjoy being surrounded by unspoilt Devon countryside.
Its twinkling lights on gorgeous wooden beams create a neutral palette that you can decorate to suit your style.
Chunky handmade tables and wooden chairs are perfect for banquet style feasting as you choose.
There’s plenty of space for live music bands, DJs and a dance-packed wedding celebration party.
The Rustic Barn Terrace
Informal picnic benches continue the relaxed feel and is often used as the focus for welcome drinks or a mingle and meet.
Use it to play vintage games or a spot to set up a pop up bar or visiting ice cream truck!
“it really was the dream venue for our special day!”
“Thank you so much for the most perfect wedding day at Higher Holcombe! We had the most incredible day and it really was the dream venue for our special day! Thank you for being such great hosts and making the planning and organising so easy. We will always remember you!”
Mrs and Mrs Hart
Outdoor Wedding Ceremony Spaces
We are renowned for outdoor weddings which can be held in our gorgeously secluded silver birch ‘church’ or in the unique hill-top willow ‘cathedral’. And if the weather is wet, use our funky stretch tent in the celebration meadow for an undercover wedding ceremony surrounded by countryside.
Hill-top willow ‘cathedral’
We think we may be the only wedding venue in the UK (possibly in the world) to offer you a willow ‘cathedral’.
Imagine your wedding guests walking along the gently meandering ‘willow walkway’ aisle to our unique hill-top willow cathedral.
Three ‘chapels’ are formed with maturing willows wrapping themselves around the 35m long giant frame.
A truly memorable location for your outdoor wedding ceremony.
Not only for wedding ceremonies. You could invite your guests to start the party with your own hill-top prosecco pop-up bar! After, you can wander the woodland glade pathways (lined with wildflowers) down to the Old Dairy barn for the rest of your wedding party celebrations.
Secluded Silver Birch ‘Church’
Woodland weddings don’t come more beautifully elegant than this!
The silver birch church has a romantic and secluded feel and is just perfect for your woodland wedding ceremony.
Rows of white-bark silver birch trees form a natural woodland wedding aisle, the leaves offering a natural and pretty, shady canopy.
It’s also a great location for a woodland bar, an al fresco meal in the shade or even your first dance!
Celebration Meadow Stretch Tent
With our funky stretch tent, woodland weddings can still take place outside – whatever the weather!
And if the sun is shining, the stretch tent becomes a chill-out space in the shade!
Located between the Old Dairy and the firepit and lit with festoon lighting – it’s yet another funky feature of our woodland wedding venue.
Chill-Out Fire Pit
Here are a few ideas to get you on the road with your wedding planning.
We offer complete flexibility so that you can have the wedding that you both want.
• Hire in your choice of suppliers who will take care of everything (we can make suggestions)
• You can ask friends and family to bring dishes and drinks for a DIY wedding
Weekend Wedding Plan Ideas
- Settle into the farmhouse and glamping spots
- Decorate the rustic barn – The Old Dairy (for your main party) and perhaps your chosen ceremony spaces and any other parts of the venue as you wish
- Informal supper in the farmhouse courtyard
- Relax and enjoy the beginning of your weekend wedding!
- After breakfast, go for a walk in the woodland or a swim at one of the nearby beaches.
- Enjoy getting ready in the farmhouse
- Knot Garden photos for the main wedding party
- Guests assemble at your chosen wedding ceremony space
- Wedding Party procession and Wedding Ceremony followed by a confetti cascade
- Woodland tipples and bites
- Celebration meal in the Old Dairy
- Speeches / Cake cutting
- Bar open and dancing begins!
- Evening snacks with local cheeses, chutney, pasties and pies
- Mellow musings by the firepit as the party gently winds down
- Brunch on the terrace
- Rounders / football in the meadow
- Visit to nearby Sidmouth for a seaside stroll
- Enjoy a fish n chips supper on the rocks
- Late night toasted marshmallows round the fire pit
- Simple farmhouse breakfast
- Clear. Pack. Check. Check again!
What a wonderful weekend wedding!
Congratulations! You Did It!
Click on the year you plan to marry and see our flexible wedding venue hire prices which include accommodation.
2026 Pricing – Coming Soon
“the ideal combination of outside/inside and a DIY/relaxed feel”
“Thanks again for the wonderful venue and your help in making our wedding of a 2 year wait such a success and very happy memory! As I said, having gone through extensive venue researching, Higher Holcombe offers the ideal combination of outside/inside and a DIY/relaxed feel but with everything you need, which means it’s very good for the money! It’s really unique in that way.
We found (looking across the south coast and anywhere two hours north of London) that relaxed venues usually require a lot of hiring in of the extras (tables, chairs, marquee, generators, toilets) which add up and it’s been so refreshing going into this wedding without needing to stress about liaising with a multitude of suppliers.
We’ve had so many positive comments about the wedding with guests saying they felt euphoric the next day (as well as hungover)!
Lidia and Adam